The printer is shipped with the tractor unit in the rear push position. To use the tractor unit in the front push position you must remove the paper tension unit before removing the tractor unit from its current position and installing it in the pull position.
- Change the current position of the tractor unit from the rear position to the top position:
- Press the tractor's lock tabs located on each side of the unit.
- Tilt the tractor up and towards you.
- Lift it out of the printer.
- If the front sheet guide is installed, remove it by grasping the fins on both sides and pulling the the guide slightly up and away from the printer.
- If the optional front paper guide is installed, open the front cover and remove it.
- Insert the tractor into the printer's mounting slots.
- Press down on both ends of the tractor to make sure it is firmly seated and locked into place.
- Remove the front cover by pushing it straight down at each side, as shown below.
- Remove the sub-front cover from the front cover.
Setting the paper thickness and loading the paper
- Set the paper release lever to the front push tractor position.
- Set the paper thickness lever (located under the printer cover) to the correct position depending on the thickness of the paper you are using.
- Install the paper in the sprockets belt of the tractor unit.
- Unlock the blue tab lever of the sprocket belt.
- Adjust the sprocket belt approximately 12mm (0.5 inch) from the far left position and push down the lever to lock it in place. Slide the right sprocket to match the width of your paper, but do not lock it.
- Make sure your paper has a clean, straight edge. Then open both sprocket covers and with the printable side up, fit the first four holes of the paper over the tractor pins.
- Close the sprocket covers.
- Slide the right sprocket to remove any slack in the paper, then lock it into place by pushing the sprocket lock it down.
- Attach the front cover with the continuous paper positioned as shown below.
- Close the front cover.
- Check the paper guide is lying flat on the printer.
- Slide the edge guides to the middle of the paper guide.
- Ensure that all the covers on the printer are closed.
- Power on the printer.
- When the printer receives the data it automatically loads the paper and starts printing.
Positioning the continuous paper supply
Before using continuous paper make sure you line up your paper supply with the tractor feeder as shown below, so that the paper feeds into the printer smoothly.
The paper is loaded at the front and ejected at the rear of the printer.
Front to rear